- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
20 Unbelievable Things Bananas Can Do For You!
16. It is just an easy way to detoxify
If you’re looking for a simple way to detoxify your body, look no further than eating a good old banana. Bananas have pectin and fiber, which attaches itself to compounds that are toxic and lead the toxins out of the body through the urine.
17. Helps ease withdrawal from smoking
If you have been trying to stop smoking, you may want to reach for a banana instead of a cigarette. Bananas contain high amounts of B vitamins, magnesium, and potassium, which all help cut down any effects from withdrawal and make your recovery time go by faster.
18. A good way to lose weight
If you are trying to drop a few pounds, bananas are a good food to add to your diet. They only have around 100 calories, and they are high in fiber, which makes you feel full longer.
19. Improves insulin sensitivity
Insulin resistance is a major factor in Type 2 diabetes and can be reduced by foods that are forms of resistant starch. Studies have shown that taking in 15-30 grams of this type of starch each day can help improve the insulin sensitivity by up to 50 percent in around four weeks. Bananas that are not ripe contain a good amount of resistant starch.
20. Helps keep your kidneys healthy
The potassium in bananas helps to keep your kidneys functioning properly. A study showed that over a 13-year period, a woman who consumed 2-3 bananas every week cut the risks of developing kidney problems by 33 percent. Another study showed that by eating bananas up to 6 times each week cut the risk by 50 percent.
READ ALSO: Healthy Banana Bread Recipe Video
Well… Monkeys love bananas, and slipping on the peel has been known to make everyone laugh, but just remember that this simple fruit is so much more than monkey food and comedy and can help better your life in many ways.