- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
20 Ways to Improve Your Health in 60 Seconds or Less
5. Enjoy Cinnamon in the Morning
Many people find that they can swap salt or sugar for spices and save some calories without missing out on flavor. One way to do this is with cinnamon. This spice has super protective powers, especially for those with diabetes, since cinnamon seems to lower blood sugar levels and lower cholesterol levels. Cinnamon is perfect for breakfast so try it in some yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, smoothies, tea or coffee. It only takes a minute to add a dash of cinnamon!
One study done in 2010 showed that people who smile the widest and the most often live the longest. If you don’t feel like smiling, even a fake smile can help you feel a bit better and a smile takes only a second, or less. So show those pearly whites, would you? Find out tips for changing from a negative thinker into positive thinker.
7. Do This Yoga Pose
Although most people find yoga relaxing, one pose in particular is super restorative. The Child’s pose is a gentle, invigorating stretch that can relieve neck and back pain as well. So sit back on your heels and hold this position for one entirely wonderful minute.
8. Wash Your Hands
Washing your hand only takes 20 seconds but my, oh my, is it ever worth it! The CDC states that educating people about hand washing lowers rates of diarrhea by 31 percent and lowers the number of people who get colds or other types of respiratory illnesses by 21 percent. So lather up and whistle happy birthday twice before rinsing. Who knows, maybe someone will hear you whistling and will give you a birthday present!
Continue to Page 3