- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
3 Effective Home Remedies For Kidney Stones
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
If you read health blogs or are just a nutrition-minded person in general, you have probably already heard of this stuff. Apple cider vinegar is the closest thing to a cure-all miracle substance that exists in real life. It is beneficial for a wide variety of health problems, and this is no exception. The acidic properties of apple cider vinegar break down kidney stones into smaller pieces, making them easier to pass through urination. The cider also increases the alkalinity of the urine and blood, which decreases the chances of more stones forming.
Mix 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with water to form a tonic and drink it one to three times a day if you have kidney stones. Some people like to drink this everyday as a preventative measure, and it certainly doesn’t hurt. The taste can be a bit harsh, so try mixing it with a little honey if you find it unpleasant. Be forewarned though that the acidity can affect the enamel of your teeth, so rinse your mouth out with water after drinking any vinegar concoction.
3. Lemon Juice and Olive Oil
This may sound strange, but there are many who swear by it. Mix one quarter cup of lemon juice and one quarter cup of extra virgin olive oi (make sure it’s the real thing and not cheap knockoff oil). Mix the two together and drink it down. Follow this by drinking an 8-ounce glass of water. This combination of oil and acid will help break apart the stones and make passing the pieces less painful.
READ ALSO: Home Remedies That Really Work
Try these home remedies out yourself if you are experiencing kidney stones. Be sure to talk to your doctor, of course, as kidney stones are a serious health problem and not something that should be left to chance.