- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
4 Time-Proven Methods To Exfoliate Your Hands Naturally During The Winter
3. Sunflower oil
Yep, you guessed it, much like coconut oil, sunflower oil when used in a natural homemade scrub is a great way to soften and nourish overworked and dry skin on the hands. When mixed with sugar you have an excellent moisturizing yet exfoliating treatment perfect for balancing the skin in the winter months.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Mix all the ingredients together into a paste. Gently rub into the hands and leave on for 15 mins. Rinse off with warm water. You can repeat this one to three times a week for optimum results!
4. Sea salt
This one is another amazing all-purpose exfoliator and moisturizer and the best bit is you can keep a jar in your kitchen all winter long (or during any time of the year, for that matter!) to slough away dead skin cells and return your hands to their once former glory. It would also make an excellent Christmas gift in a cute little glass jar, much more thoughtful than a run-of-the-mill store-bought scrub!
- 1 cup coarse sea salt (the kind in flakes)
- A few drops of grapefruit essential oil (optional, but awesome addition!)
- ½ cup liquid coconut oil
Add the sea salt to the container and pour the coconut oil over the top of it, again ensuring it’s not too warm as this could simply dissolve the salt. Then add in the grapefruit oil and stir all the ingredients together until well-combined. Apply a small amount to your hands and gently rub in, rinsing off with warm water after a few minutes. Repeat a couple of times a week for beautifully soft, exfoliated skin!
Remember to apply some deep moisturizing cream after using any of these scrubs to really take advantage of your skin at a time when it will soak all that moisture right up. By repeating one or a variety of these scrubs 2 -3 times a week throughout the winter you’ll ensure that your hands don’t end up drying out and becoming sore and cracked, but stay soft, moisturized and calm throughout the holidays. Happy scrubbing!