- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
5 Ayurvedic Herbs that Prevent or Destroy Cancer
This popular spice from India has been found to cure or prevent many different health issues. The active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, causes cancer cells to self-destruct. Turmeric has been shown in studies to turn on a tumor suppressing gene, which inhibits metastases, prevents the re-growth of cancer cells, and causes tumor and cancer cells to die off without reproducing.
Ginger is a staple in Ayurvedic medicine. Some of the precursors to the development of many different types of cancers are inflammation markers. Ginger root is a powerful anti-inflammatory that not only tastes good but soothes the digestive system. Ginger has been shown in several studies to be effective in the fight against breast cancer, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, and colon cancer. In addition to being effective cancer cell killers, ginger also prevents cancer cells from building a resistance to its use, something that cannot be said of conventional cancer drugs.
SEE ALSO: Top 20 Anti-Cancer Herbs and Plants
5. Holy Basil
In India, this herb is called Tulsi, but no matter which name it goes by, this herb is a proven cancer killer as well as a cancer prevention method in studies done involving mice. Holy basil is a COX-2 inhibitor, which stops inflammation as well as decreases pain levels. Studies show that holy basil can actually repair cells that have been damaged by oxidation and radiation. It can also destroy pre-cancerous cells and tumors. Holy basil is a rejuvenating agent, but not a stimulant, so you can feel confident consuming it every day.