- 7 Surprising Health Benefits Of Love
- Not Only Genetics Assure Fast Metabolism, But These 7 Things As Well
- 10 Tips To Stop Consuming Fluoride, Even If It’s Not In Your Water
- How Constant Distraction Is Harming Your Ability To Retain Information
- Britain Appoints Minister Of Loneliness To Combat Epidemic
- 15 Reasons To Eat More Guavas (We Didn’t Know The Leaves Were So Healing!)
- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
5 Dangerous Medicines Women should Avoid
Although science is always moving forward, the medical world of Western medicine is always slow to alter their beliefs. Even when directly faced with scientific evidence of the inadequacies or even outright danger of using certain methods or medications, Western medicine is reluctant to use older, proven treatments.
However, as a culture in general, we are just as much to blame. We know the dangers of certain foods or drugs, we read about them or hear the information on the news, but we still continue to use them or to believe in old wives tales when it comes to our health.
Women in particular, often neglect or do damage to their health by using certain medications that have dangerous consequences or side effects, when there are natural alternatives. Here are 5 of those medications that have simple, natural, alternatives.
1. Urinary Tract Infection
Going to the doctor with a urinary tract infection (UTI) is the second leading reason women go to see their doctors. However, with antibiotics already being over prescribed, it would be smart to avoid using them when there are natural alternatives that can solve the problem.
Uva Ursi, which is also known as bearberry, has been used for hundreds of years to help with problems such as inflammation of the bladder and UTI’s. Cranberry juice is another proven method. This juice has a mild antibiotic effect. In the early stages, a UTI can sometimes be cut short simply by drinking a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with water.
The baking soda will neutralize the acidity in the urine and can allow you to pass the infection.