- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
5 Dangerous Medicines Women should Avoid
Although science is always moving forward, the medical world of Western medicine is always slow to alter their beliefs. Even when directly faced with scientific evidence of the inadequacies or even outright danger of using certain methods or medications, Western medicine is reluctant to use older, proven treatments.
However, as a culture in general, we are just as much to blame. We know the dangers of certain foods or drugs, we read about them or hear the information on the news, but we still continue to use them or to believe in old wives tales when it comes to our health.
Women in particular, often neglect or do damage to their health by using certain medications that have dangerous consequences or side effects, when there are natural alternatives. Here are 5 of those medications that have simple, natural, alternatives.
1. Urinary Tract Infection
Going to the doctor with a urinary tract infection (UTI) is the second leading reason women go to see their doctors. However, with antibiotics already being over prescribed, it would be smart to avoid using them when there are natural alternatives that can solve the problem.
Uva Ursi, which is also known as bearberry, has been used for hundreds of years to help with problems such as inflammation of the bladder and UTI’s. Cranberry juice is another proven method. This juice has a mild antibiotic effect. In the early stages, a UTI can sometimes be cut short simply by drinking a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with water.
The baking soda will neutralize the acidity in the urine and can allow you to pass the infection.