- 10 Sweet Ways Honey Can Improve Your Life
- 10 Things Your Nurse Will Never Tell You
- How To Be Full Of Winter Spirit: 25 Fun Yet Healthy Things To Do
- Smart Ways To Avoid A Nasty Fall This Winter
- Want To Have Warm Feet Forever? Try This Amazing Trick!
- Top 5 Tips For Better Brain Health And Clearer Thinking Video
- 10 Everyday Mistakes Even Healthy People Make
5 Great Gluten Free Recipes Using Plantains Instead of Flour
If you have decided to go gluten free but are worried that you will miss some of your favorite foods, we have good news. Did you know that you can use plantain bananas in place of almost any type of flour?
You might have seen plantains in your local supermarket. They look like extra-large bananas, but they cook up like a dream! Check out our top 5 recipes so you can go gluten free and still enjoy foods like sandwiches, pancakes, and even lasagna! Find out delusions most people have about gluten free diet.
1. Plantain Pancakes
If you have tried to make pancakes out of almond flour, you may have found that not only did they not stick together well, they took forever to cook. You might have also tried using coconut flour pancakes but maybe you weren’t crazy about the taste. You are going to be super surprised by these pancakes. They hold together well, so you can make big pancakes if you like; they cook up in about 6 minutes (3 minutes each side), and they taste fantastic. This recipe makes about 6 large pancakes.
- 2 Large green plantains (unlike regular bananas, plantains are ok to eat when green)
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 Teaspoons real vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- A little coconut oil for frying
- Peel the plantains and place them in the blender with the eggs. Blend into a smooth batter.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients to your blender and mix on high for another minute.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in your frying pan or griddle.
- Pour the batter and fry for about 3 to 4 minutes on one side, then flip and do another 2 to three minutes on the other side, just as you would regular pancakes.