- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
5 MIY Natural Facial and Body Scrubs for Beautiful Winter Skin
Everyone knows how dry and dull winter skin can become. Between the below zero temperatures, the biting winds, and super dry inside air, it can take a real toll on your skin, especially on your face.
Thirsty, irritated skin needs a little extra attention to keep it looking its best. To give it the care it deserves, try one of these super rejuvenating face scrubs. Although they are designed for your face, there is nothing wrong with using these on your body as well.
No matter what the weatherman says is on the horizon, at least your skin can be bright and clear! Check out our 5 terrific face and body scrubs for some beautiful skin this winter:
Winter Superfruit Scrub
What a wonderful winter snack – for your skin! With natural exfoliating alpha hydroxy fruit acid and more vitamin C than an orange, kiwi will help to give your skin more elasticity and make it softer than you thought possible.
- 2 Kiwi fruits, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons plain, unflavored yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon almond or olive oil. Find out top 10 beauty oils you should be aware of.
- Place all items in your blender and mix well on the lowest speed
- It’s ready to use to wash your face! All of those little kiwi seeds will naturally exfoliate your skin.
- You can also use it like a mask. Apply to your face, allow to dry, and then rinse off.
Coffee & Coconut Face and Body Scrubbing Cubes
Sometimes, scrubs in your shower are so messy. The container gets moldy, it’s hard to clean, and they can just be so YUCKY. (Unless you are lucky enough to have the perfect squeeze bottle that doesn’t get clogged, but do those things even exist?) This is a great way to use a scrub and not store it in the bathroom: personalized scrubbing cubes! Caffeine is a great way to help reduce cellulite naturally. Caffeine is absorbed into your skin, and then it removes the excess fluid in those annoying cellulite filled thighs, so don’t use decaf in this one! Read more about benefits of coconut oil.
- 2 Cups used coffee grounds, dry or nearly dry
- 1 Cup coconut oil
- 15 to 30 Drops of essential oil of your choice. A nice choice for beginners would be a mixture of sweet orange oil and lemon grass oil
- Silicon ice cube trays (you can also use silicon baking trays in pretty shapes like hearts or flowers or whatever design you like
- In a large bowl, mix together the coffee grounds and coconut oil. If the coconut oil has hardened, heat it just a bit to make it turn to its liquid form.
- When those two items are well mixed, add your essential oils. You can add more or less depending on how strongly you would like your scrub to smell.
- When everything is well mixed, spoon it into your molds and place it in the freezer.
- Allow to sit for at least a few hours until fully hardened.
- Pop your scrub out of the mold. Store in an airtight container.
Oatmeal Almond Scrub
This is a terrific all-around scrub that you will turn to again and again. You can keep some by the kitchen sink or bathroom sink and use it as a hand scrub. It’s safe for even the most sensitive skin. When kept tightly sealed so that no water gets inside the jar, this scrub can last indefinitely!
- ¼ Cup of almond oil
- 2 Tablespoons raw, organic honey
- 1 Tablespoon uncooked oats
- 1 Tablespoon dried chamomile flowers
- 1 Tablespoon dried rose petals
- Mix the chamomile, roses and oats in a blender, food processor, or coffee grinder until finely ground.
- Place in a Mason jar, or any other type of sealed container (preferably glass)
- Add the honey and oil to the jar and mix well.
Super-Balancing Avocado Face Mask
Sometimes what your skin really needs is something to help balance it out. This mask has everything: avocado to moisturize, mineral-rich green clay to deep clean your pores, and cucumber to fight inflammation.
- 3 Tablespoons green clay powder (you can buy this at almost any health food store)
- 1 Organic avocado, peeled and pitted (you should have about 2/3 of a cup; if you have a small avocado you might need 2)
- 1 Teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ Small cucumber, finely grated (about 1/3 of a cup)
- Using a fork, combine all ingredients in a small bowl, preferably a glass or ceramic bowl, not metal or plastic.
- Cover and chill in your refrigerator for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Apply a thick layer to your clean, dry face and neck. Avoid your eyes!
- Allow to dry for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Wipe off with a warm washcloth, then rinse off the remainder with clean, cool water.
“Beats Botox” Face Scrub
This is a super nourishing facial scrub that will give you super smooth skin after just a few uses. If you can find it, use Manuka honey, if you can’t, then raw, organic honey will also work well. Don’t use the honey from your local supermarket, as most honeys sold in today’s markets have been so highly processed they contain little or no pollen. You should be able to find raw honey at your local health food store, farmers market, or check around for local bee keepers.
- ½ Tablespoon Manuka honey or raw, organic honey
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 1 drop frankincense essential oil
- 1 drop geranium essential oil
- Mix the honey and baking soda together until it takes on a paste like texture.
- Add your essential oils one at a time and mix well.
- Place a warm washcloth over your face for a few minutes to open your pores.
- Rub your scrubbing mix into your face gently using a circular motion for about 3 minutes to be sure you remove dead skin and allow the essential oils to work their magic.
- Rinse with warm water.
- If your skin turns a bit red, that is normal and just means that the dead skin cells have been removed. The redness will go away in a few minutes.
- Use this scrub only once or twice a week for best results.