- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
5 Tips To Cure The Stomach Flu Fast And Easy (Because Who Has Time For That?!)
How to Kick the Worst of it in 72 Hours
1. Just living through the first 24 hours feels like a huge chore. For the first 24 hours, simply focus on staying hydrated. Just drink water (with some Himalayan salt) and nothing else. You probably wouldn’t be able to keep anything else down anyway. See if you can drink 4 liters of water. If not, drink as much as you can.
2. Your body needs food now which is why you feel so weak. However, your stomach is still tender so stick to the BRAT diet which is easy to digest. BRAT stands for bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. Simple, bland foods will be easier on your stomach. Try eating a banana with some yogurt or some plain white rice with yogurt, toast with a bit of applesauce on it, you get the idea.
3. Your body is probably ready for some more substantial food, but don’t go crazy. You should still eat plenty of toast, yogurt, and bananas but you can add a few more things to your diet such as vegetable broth, perhaps some vegetable juice or some pureed vegetables. Although you might feel like you can handle some heartier fare, you might regret it if you don’t wait at least another 24 hours before you try something more solid.
READ ALSO: 6 Terrific Tips For Fighting Stomach Flu
The first 72 hours are the worst but you should be sure that you take care of yourself and not overdo things for the next 7 days. If you are still vomiting after 72 hours, you should see your doctor.