- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
6 Most Splendid Health Benefits Of Epsom Salt (#3 Is Our Favorite!)
3. It’s great for your skin.
Epsom salt is a natural exfoliator, which means that it helps to remove dead skin cells, grease, blackheads, and other impurities from your skin. Use on your face to ensure bright and clear skin. For this reason, it is a popular ingredient in many recipes for homemade facial cleansers.
4. It relieves soreness and inflammation.
Adding two scoops of Epsom salt to a warm water bath can help relieve painful swelling that occurs with sprains and other mild injuries. A full Epsom salt bath in the bathtub can help reduce tension, cramping, and pain in muscles and joints.
RELATED: 25 Amazing Uses for Epsom Salt
5. Removes splinters from your skin.
Interestingly, it is these anti-inflammatory properties that also allow Epsom salt to be used to assist in removing splinters from your skin. When you get a splinter, the skin around the object swells up, making it difficult to remove. If you have a splinter in your finger, for instance, you can place the finger in a bowl of warm water with Epsom salt added in for several minutes. Doing this will allow the Epsom salt to reduce the amount of swelling around the splinter, which will make it easier to extract.
6. It’s great for your arteries.
It might sound strange but it’s true. Magnesium deficiency is a growing problem according to the Epsom Salt Council. Luckily, the high magnesium content in found in this simple product can help solve that problem.
Taking an Epsom salt bath can help reduce blood pressure and improve circulation, reducing your chances of developing certain cardiovascular diseases like stroke. Epsom salt baths are also very relaxing, and if your stress levels are going down, your blood pressure goes down with it.
Pick some up today and see what all the fuss is about. It’s cheap, widely available and just a great thing to have on hand in any health-conscious person’s home.