- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
6 Ways Living By The Water Can Improve Your Health
4. Enjoy a good night’s sleep every night
Proof that the soothing sounds of the ocean help to promote a solid night’s sleep are evident in the many different machines that provide white noise. The waves crashing, combined with the fresh air, provide a natural lullaby, ensuring not only will you enjoy a deep relaxing sleep, you will wake up calm and refreshed. When you have all of nature offering a spontaneous performance just for you, there is no need to turn on the television and subject yourself to the trials of the day.
5. Calming effects of the ocean
Whether the ocean is calm and quiet and the wind is blowing gently by, or the water is rough and the waves are crashing along the coast, the repetitive sounds of nature will relax you. These are not sounds you can predict, but rather random patterns that will capture your attention and provide you with a completely different focal point. That in itself reduces your stress level and brings your blood pressure levels down.
6. It’s easy to achieve a meditative state
Meditation has been proven to clear your mind and alleviate the stress of the day. When you have the water as your focal point, you won’t even have to close your eyes to meditate. Simply relaxing and taking in deep breaths of the fresh salt air will fill your body with a sense of complete relaxation. Gone are the sounds of car horns, sirens, screeching tires, and other sources that will cause you to lose your focus and your body to tighten up.
READ ALSO: How Knitting Can Improve Your Health!
If you’re looking for a way to realign your mental outlook and ultimately improve your health, treat yourself to a day at the beach. It’s an investment in your mental outlook.