- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
A Dozen Ways To Strengthen Your Bones Naturally
Our bones make up just about every part of our body. When people hear about osteoporosis or weak bones, they think of older women. When we are young our bodies are always working on rebuilding our bones in small patches. But by the time we reach 30 years of age, our bones have reached their peak and begin to decline. We end up losing more existing bone than rebuilding new bone.
The good news is there are things you can do to build up and strengthen the density of your bones. When people don’t take care of their bones via diet or exercise, they have a good chance of developing weak bones and osteoporosis is the final result. Women usually develop it past the age of 65 and men can get it when they reach 70. Here are some things you can do starting today to rebuild your bones and make them strong again.
1. Start taking vitamin K
Best known for helping your blood to properly clot, vitamin K also helps your body develop enough protein to keep bones healthy. It also helps to cut down on the amount of calcium that is expelled from the body. Foods that contain vitamin K include spinach, broccoli, kale, and spinach.
2. Make sure to add potassium to your regime
Potassium is another supplement that helps to cut down on the elimination of calcium from the body. It does this by neutralizing the acids that try to remove it. In a trial of women who followed a diet that was high in potassium, there was an 8% less loss of bone density than in those who had a lower intake of potassium.
Continue to Page 2