- Phytates & Phytic Acid: Friend Or Foe?
- Honey As A Multi-Functional Cure Infographic
- 3 Delicious Ways To Make Healthy Salsa Video
- Warm And Cozy Essential Oil Blends For Autumn Infographic
- Vitamin D Is Great For Your Skin (And Just About Everything Else)
- Sugar To Honey: The Conversion Guide Infographic
- Super-agers! How Can You Become One?
Does Aspartame Cause Cancer? This Information Could Save Your Life Video
Aspartame is one of the most popular artificial sweeteners on the market right now. You can find it under different names and as an ingredient in various foods and drinks.
Chemically, aspartame is composed of joined phenylalanine, amino acids and aspartic acid, and its sweetness level exceeds that of refined sugar about 200 times. Therefore, a smaller amount can achieve the same level of sweetness while adding fewer calories to a food or beverage.
However, aspartame has also been the subject of speculation, as it’s been said to cause a range of health problems, including cancer. Is it actually true? Find out!