- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Australians Are Crazy About Beetroot (And You Should Be Too)
The Benefits of Eating Beetroot.
Beetroot is filled with health benefits whether you chose to eat them raw, cooked, or pickled. Beetroot that is pickled is especially good since the fermentation process will add probiotic bacteria which will strengthen your gut biome and improve digestion. But what, specifically, can you expect from eating more beetroot?
1. Improved cardiovascular health.
Heart disease and high blood pressure are some of the most common health problems among people living in industrialized countries today. Luckily, beetroot is here to the rescue. A study published in Hypertension, a medical journal dealing with health issues and findings pertaining to high blood pressure yielded some interesting results. The researchers found that participants who drank 500 ml of beetroot juice daily experienced a substantial lowering of blood pressure. Subsequent studies produced similar findings.
High blood pressure is linked to an increase risk of deadly cardiovascular diseases like heart attack or stroke, as we well as other health problems.
2. Beetroots help reduce inflammation.
You’ve probably heard the term inflammation before, and you probably know that it’s bad, but what does it even mean? Well, inflammation is your body’s natural response to injury, or in some cases, disease. The problem is that the modern, sugary diet contains a lot of unhealthy compounds that cause inflammation to occur at inappropriate times. Chronic inflammation is a contributing factor to many different diseases, including cancer.
Once again, it’s a good thing beetroots are here to save the day! Beetroot contains choline, a nutrient also found in eggs which has numerous benefits. It helps ensure healthy muscle movement, brain functioning, and memory, and it helps you get deeper, more restful sleep. Choline also helps reduce inflammation by strengthening the membranes of your cells, and stops them from producing the inflammatory response when it is not necessary.
Continue to Page 3