- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Best Food Swaps for Healthier Eating
8. Potato Chips or Corn Chips
If you love salty treats, then these are probably a snacking staple in your house. You probably already know that corn chips are made from GM corn and both corn and potato chips are fried using GM vegetable oils, which create cancer causing trans-fats. Substitute these super unhealthy chips with kale chips! Kale chips have fiber, plenty of vitamins, fiber, and those healthy omega-3 fatty acids. You can also add spices, such as garlic powder or cayenne pepper for a change of pace!
9. French Fries
Another American staple that is super unhealthy. However, if you simply love French fries and feel like your life would not be complete without them. Then try making sweet potato fries instead! Sweet potatoes are high in B6, which will reduce homocysteine in the body. Homocysteine has been linked to numerous health problems, including heart disease. Sweet potatoes are also a great way to get magnesium, vitamin D, and immune boosting vitamin C.
10. Alfredo Sauce
If you like Italian food, then you probably make or buy Alfredo sauce frequently. However, these cream based sauces not only have tons of calories, but they are loaded with unhealthy fats and salt. Make your own Vegan pesto sauce! Simply put the following ingredients in a blender:
- 2 Cups of lightly packed, fresh, organic basil leaves
- 2 Large cloves of organic garlic, peeled
- ½ Cup of raw, organic, unsalted pine nuts
- ½ Cup of olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh, organic lemon juice
- A pinch of sea salt and a grind of fresh pepper
This recipe will keep in the fridge for about 5 to 7 days. You can also use this as a dip for veggies or use it as a marinade on fish or chicken.