- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Best Vegetable for Detox
This doesn’t mean that beet juice, however, is without value. Beet juice allows Betaine to stay intact. It is this substance that encourages the liver to remove toxins. The bile ducts in your liver are vital for the proper functioning of the liver and Betaine defends and supports their function. Betaine is said by some to lower the risk of inflammation and therefore decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease. By lowering inflammation in the body, all bodily functions can work better. Read also about juice mixers that cleanse your liver.
Beets have also been linked to an actual healing of the liver, a significant improvement in the production of stomach acid, the prevention of free radicals, and a decrease in homocysteine. Beets have also been shown to offer protection from colon, spleen, lung, skin, and liver cancer. Although these specific types of health benefits are not specifically linked to the detoxification of the liver, they do allow your body to work more efficiently overall. All systems in your body are interlinked and rely upon each other to function properly. Although indirectly, they do help your liver rid itself of toxins and continue to work at the highest possible levels.
If you are looking for a natural way to improve your overall health, as well as allow your liver to function properly while providing a powerful source of detoxification, then you can’t lose by adding beets into your diet as often as possible.