- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
This Herb Will Boost Your Brain Power And Overall Cognitive Performance
3. Sage For Inflammation
Good news for everyone with inflammatory conditions such as asthma, arthritis or acne: Sage is rich in anti-inflammatory compounds, for example, rosmarinic acidand luteolin acid. Luteolin shows amazing properties against TBK1, which plays a huge role in the development of inflammatory conditions. Mediators of Inflammation Journal published a study that found that luteolin was the strongest compound against TBK1 among those tested.
Speaking of rosmarinic acid, it also does wonders for people with inflammatory diseases. It inhibits enzymes that increase inflammatory responses, providing relief and reducing symptoms.
4. Sage As An Antioxidant
Many serious chronic conditions and diseases are caused by free radicals or byproducts of metabolism that lead to the mutation of healthy cells. Sage contains antioxidant compounds, such as apigenin, that can neutralize free radicals and prevent them from damaging internal organs, including the heart, muscles, brain and joints.
Sage is an amazing natural remedy that can help boost the mood and memory and fight off diseases. If you’re allergic to mint, consult a doctor before consuming sage, since it is a part of the mint family.