- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Can Isolation Make Your Cold Worse?
3. Soothe your sore throat
If you are really suffering from a sore throat make sure you have cough drops on hand, suppressants that will help keep you from a hacking cough, and a throat spray that will soothe your soreness right away.
4. Cut down on your pain
There are plenty of over-the-counter medications that can help cut down on your level of pain. Look for ibuprofen, acetaminophen, or naproxen to help deal with your symptoms.
5. Stop smoking and stay away from those who do
If you smoke this would be a good time to stop smoking. If you don’t smoke, stay away from people who do. Second hand smoke is a real serious condition that you do not need in addition to battling a cold.
6. Stay away from germs
So many people think nothing of coughing openly and sneezing without covering their nose or mouth while out in the stores. Stay away from unnecessary germ. Wash your hands any time you can to keep as many germs away from you as you can.
7. Try a vaporizer
If you haven’t used a vaporizer since you were a child you may be surprised at how much this simple machine can provide you with some relief in breathing. Just a few minutes at a time can help to clear up your stuffy nose and let you breathe easy again.
8. Get plenty of sleep
When you are sick and in bed it is the best time to give your body as much rest as you can in order to get well. Your body needs some time to relax and heal itself so get ready to catch up on some much-needed sleep.
9. Ice, ice baby
When people are in the hospital and they want to keep their mouth from getting dried out, they chew on ice chips. They will keep you from feeling dried out and they are cool and refreshing in your mouth.
READ ALSO: Everything About Common Cold Infographic
10. If you get worse see your doctor
If you have tried everything and you are not seeing any improvements, make an appointment with your physician and see if he or she can give you some antibiotics that can give you some quick relief. There are many prescriptions that only take a couple of days before you will begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel.