- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Diseases That Can Be Caused By A Lack Of This One Thing
Eating junk food and/or a high sugar diet can often cause you to stay awake at night. You might think that you have insomnia, but the truth is that your diet is to blame. Sometimes, people eat in order to stay awake. Eating high sugar meals, sugary energy drinks, or coffee with sugar in it to stay awake when you should be sleeping can lead to insulin resistance and, eventually, diabetes.
You might have to wake up once to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, but when you get up more than once, it is often difficult to fall back asleep, which can cut your night short. Stop drinking liquids at least two hours before bedtime to avoid incontinence becoming a problem not only during the night, but ebbing over into the daylight hours as well.
Many people rely on caffeine, energy drinks, and other means of staying awake so that they can delay their bedtime, but these things often lead to higher blood pressure, which leads to heart disease and stroke.
5. Memory Loss
You already know that your brain just does not function the same when you don’t sleep enough, but did you know that these memory losses can become permanent? Stop memory loss from becoming a regular thing in your life by getting enough sleep every night.
Brittle, weak bones are caused by many things, but one of them is a lack of sleep. If you want to keep your bones strong and avoid fractures later in life, hit the hay early!
It’s true that staying out late to party, hitting up those midnight madness sales, and getting important work done for the next day can be fun or worthwhile, but when you see how your health suffers, you might want to rearrange your schedule so that you can get your zzz’s.