- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Eating Just One Ounce of This Can Do Crazy Things to Your Weight
What are we talking about?
Well, coconut oil really is loaded with saturated fat. About 90 percent of the fat in coconut oil is saturated fat. However, scientists say that this fat is mostly made from the medium chain saturated fatty acid called lauric acid that is really beneficial on the heart, unlike other saturated fats.
Many other countries, such as the Philippines and India, eat many coconut products, including coconut oil. The people of these countries have fewer weight problems and almost no heart disease when compared to persons who eat a more westernized diet.
SEE ALSO: Beyond Fat, Western Diets Make Us Stupid Too!
When you want to lose weight, keeping your metabolism high is a big deal. The faster your metabolism, the more calories you will burn, without even trying. Coconut oil is a thermogenic food, to put it in other words it heats up your metabolism while you are eating, thus helping you to burn fat and calories.
Several other studies show that the fat that people lose is typically around their middle, belly fat, the most dangerous type of fat.
Continue to Page 3