- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Entertaining Facts About 5 Very Common Products You Didn’t Know
This is a root vegetable that is very nutritious, as some of its health benefits include lowering of cholesterol, prevention of heart attacks, improving of the eyesight, prevention of some cancers amongst others.
- Carrots were first grown and cultivated in Afghanistan dating back to 900AD.
- Carrots have many colors, and it is not limited to orange color alone. There are also white, yellow, and purple colored carrots.
- Cooking carrots is better than eating raw carrots because cooking aids more release of carotene.
- Carrot has the richest source of beta carotene.
- Carrots have seed which can be harvested from the tiny white flowers that grow from the ground.
- Carrots have about four types of sugar in them which are sucrose, glucose, fructose, and xylose.
Continue to Page 3