- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Find More Joy And Feel Happy With These 5 Easy Tips
4. Drop Unreasonable Expectations
When we have unreasonable expectations about what certain people should do or be like, what your vacation will be like, or what our new promotion is going to be like, we set up our happiness on something we have no control over. The old saying of “It is what it is until it isn’t any longer” applies here. Try not to expect things to be a certain way, wait and see what they actually are. This is a difficult task, but it is a habit that you can learn.
5. To Thine Own Self Be True
Society, as a whole, loves labels. They help us to identify certain things quickly and easily. Rattlesnakes, wild fires, and earthquakes are all labeled as “bad”. Babies, sunshine, and puppies are all filed under “good”. The problem comes when the world tries to label us or to stick us with expectations of behavior that isn’t right for us. For example, your father is a doctor who expects you to go to med school and follow in his footsteps. No one asks you if you feel if this is right for you, it is simply their expectation, but once you hit med school, you find that you are bored and all you want to do is look at the stock market numbers. This is the time to be true to yourself. Yes, you could ignore your feelings and become a doctor, but you will probably be unhappy most of your life because you are not doing something you feel passionate about. Be true to yourself and live your life based on your own approval and acceptance, not what others think you “should” be doing. Follow your heart and you will always find happiness.
Feeling happy lowers stress levels and improves health. Even when bad times come, there is always something to feel grateful for and be happy about. Just look around you. It might be harder to find sometimes, but we guarantee you that happiness is right there in front of you if you would just look for it.