- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
- 15 Of The Most Common Nutrient Deficiencies Most Americans Have
- This One Spice Will Turn Your Bath Into A Super Detox Experience
- 12 Toxic Compounds Hiding In This One Thing You Use Every Single Day
- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
- The Amazing, Edible Weed That Is Packed With Nutrition
Grounding: Not Just Some New Age BS
Have you heard of grounding or “earthing” as it is sometimes called? This practice involves putting your bare feet directly on the ground.
The logic behind this action is that the earth carries an intensely negative charge. This charge is rich in electrons, which is thought to kill free radicals in the body and supply us with lots of healthy antioxidants. Persons who do this regularly report that they experience feelings of well-being, happiness, and improved health.
For some strange reason, very few people walk barefoot anywhere, unless they are on a beach vacation.
Have you ever noticed, however, that when you take a barefoot walk on the beach, you always feel so much better afterwards? Many people attribute this to earthing as well as the magnesium-rich water from the ocean.
If you think about it, our natural state does not include shoes! When you put your feet on the ground, you absorb large amounts of negative electrons, which helps your body maintain the exact same negatively charged potential as the earth.
The Journal of Environmental and Public Health published a study which postulates that practicing grounding could actually be a potential treatment or preventative measure to a wide variety of chronic diseases. This study concluded that earthing could be a profoundly effective method of preventing and treating problems such as inflammation, pain, hyper-coagulable blood, chronic stress, ANS dysfunction, and even heart disease.
Several research studies support this idea that grounding the human body can be an essential and natural way to help the body heal itself, along with other natural agents such as physical activity, whole, natural foods, clean water and air, along with plenty of natural sunlight.
Continue to Page 2