- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Why Health Eating Does Not Always Get You What You Want
Now, for those of you who have been eating healthy and not getting the results you thought you would, this is more common than you might think. Putting healthy nutrients into your body does not necessarily mean that your body can use them. At least not right away. It’s like not exercising for years. Then you decide to get in shape. You go walking a few times per week and after a few months; you are surprised that you can’t run a marathon. Now anyone would tell you that after years of neglect, your body just doesn’t work that fast, that you need more time and to build up to a marathon.
The same thing is really true of eating healthy, friends. If you have spent years, or perhaps most, of your life eating junk foods, it’s going to take some time to recover. There are several reasons why your body might not be absorbing all the nutrients you are shoveling into it including:
- Low stomach acid
- Enzyme deficiency
- Magnesium deficiency
- Unrelieved stress
- Gut flora imbalance
So even though you have started eating healthy, there are numerous things blocking the absorption of nutrients. Some of the natural methods you can use to reverse this are:
- Prebiotics and probiotics, to improve your gut flora
- Apple cider vinegar
- Fermented foods
You should also be certain that you are consuming only whole and truly nutrient dense foods (super foods). Eat a mainly plant-based diet with plenty of fermented foods and healthy fats such as avocados and coconut oil. Try to eliminate all sugar, alcohol, and caffeine for a while and see if this improves how you feel.
Don’t give up on eating healthy, give up the things that are stopping you from being the healthiest you ever!