- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
How To Make Your Own Non-Toxic Stain Remover
It’s a fact of life. Stains happen. Everything from clothing to furniture, carpets to car seats — no matter how careful you are, a stain is bound to happen at one time or another. The key is what you do to get rid of them.
Your local supermarket is loaded with stain removers. Unfortunately, most of them are expensive and toxic. Ever read the labels on some of those stain removers? They usually say things like “wear gloves, don’t breathe, don’t blink, and don’t touch.” Well heck, wouldn’t it be much simpler to say “don’t use?”
You can avoid those chemical stain removers by making one of your own. The first thing to remember is to deal with the stain as soon as you possibly can. The longer the stain sits, the more it makes itself at home. Like an unwanted guest, the longer they stick around, the harder they are to get rid of.
In a nutshell, with this list of the following items, you should be able to create your own natural stain remover:
- Baking soda
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Natural soap
- White vinegar
- Oxygenated bleach
- Lemon Juice
One thing to remember is that if you try a stain remover on your clothes and the stain is still there, try putting the item in direct sunlight. The trick is to put the item in the full sun while it is still pretty wet. If you have one of those front loading washers, you know that they leave your clothes fairly dry. Put equal parts of vinegar and water in a spray bottle and saturate that stain. Now place it in direct sunlight for at least two hours. This works perhaps 90 percent of the time.
Continue to Page 2