- 6 Things In Your Everyday Life That Are Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat Video
- Face Care: Do’s And Dont’s For Naturally Beautiful Skin
- 4 Tips To Make Sure You Are Getting The Most Value From Olive Oil
- DIY Natural Organic Make Up Ideas And Recipes Infographic
- Everything You Need To Know About Slow Cookers Video
- Radish: 13 Facts To Say ‘Yes’ To This Vegetable! (And Bonus Recipe!)
- 3 Super Nutrients For Healthier Hair (And The Foods Where You Can Get Them!)
How To Protect Children From Toxins That Can Cause Brain Damage
When you bring a new life into the world, your main job is to keep this little person safe and teach him or her how to have the best life possible. Keeping them safe is a monumental task in itself and it is a never-ending job. It seems that everywhere you turn there is something new you must watch out for. Besides keeping them away from the toxins that we are aware of, we must keep unintended dangers away from them so they don’t come about them as they are exploring this new world.
We all know most of the obvious toxins that are in our home – household cleaners, toys that come from other countries, and certain foods that can pose a danger if consumed by little people – but there are a host of other toxins you may not be aware of. In order to keep your children properly protected, here are 11 toxins that you must keep away from them so they don’t suffer from brain damage. Here are 11 toxins that could leave children with brain damage.
This common toxin can be found in your city’s drinking water. As a precaution, you may want to have your water tested. If you find arsenic in your water you should invest in a water purifier or bottled water. It has been found to affect the brain function in children of school age.
2. Bisphenol A or BPA
These chemicals have been banned but you should always check to make sure they are not included in sippy cups or baby bottles. They were found to affect the brain development of small children and infants.
There are many cities that believe that adding fluoride right in the drinking water will help protect children from dental decay. The problem is it was found to reduce the IQ of children who were exposed to it at higher levels by 7 points.
Continue to Page 2