- 7 Things You Can Do To Keep Crohn’s Disease Under Control
- Oolong Tea: Why You Need To Try It Infographic
- Do Breast Cancer Genes Guarantee Cancer?
- Reverse Cavities And Improve Dental Health Naturally Video
- The Brain – How Can We Ensure Successful Aging?
- Phytates & Phytic Acid: Friend Or Foe?
- Honey As A Multi-Functional Cure Infographic
How A Gluten-Free Diet Can Become Dangerous Video
Gluten is a protein found in grains, including rye, wheat, barley and spelt. It got its name because, when mixed with water, this kind of protein acquires a sticky consistency which is very similar to glue.
An adverse reaction to gluten is common among people with gluten-related health problems. For such people, a gluten-free diet, which excludes pasta, bread and products made with gluten-containing flours, is necessary.
However, there are still many misconceptions regarding a gluten-free diet, as many people consider it a healthier nutrition option for everyone or an effective way to lose weight. Find out why these beliefs can be dangerous.