- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Important Reasons Why You Should Take a Lunch Break Every Day
8. Get a bit of exercise
OK, maybe trying to burn 900 calories during your lunch break isn’t a great idea, but just taking a 15 or 20 minute walk can really help you in the afternoons. Light to moderate exercise can help you feel better by getting you out of the office and boosting your circulation so that your brain has a fresh supply of blood to keep you going all afternoon.
One study, published in the Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, showed that a 20 minute meditation break reduced stress in both body and mind. If you are feeling the pressure at work, try a bit of meditation.
10. You deserve a break today
Not at that junky food place, but because taking breaks is important. There have been numerous reports about how sitting for long periods is detrimental to the body and the brain. It causes a lot more than just secretary spread! Even if you don’t eat much at lunch, use this opportunity to stretch, walk around, talk to co-workers, call your spouse on the phone as you take a walk and tell them that you love them. Why not?