- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Important Reasons Why You Should Take a Lunch Break Every Day
4. Eat some brain food
Your brain will consume about 20 percent of your total energy. This means you better feed it well! Try eating some fish, avocado, blueberries, raw carrots, eggs, and nuts. Find out 10 herbs to boost your brain and memory.
5. Spend some time outside
Several studies have shown that even 15 minutes spent outside in the sunshine, watching clouds go by, or the birds in the trees, is enough to refresh our attention spans. Get a little time in the park and watch how your afternoon just speeds by.
6. Enjoy a bit of social media
Many people enjoy reading while they take their lunch breaks. If you love your social media, this would be a good time to spend a few minutes checking your inbox for those private messages, sending out a new status, or respond to a friend’s tweet. When you get home you might be surprised by the number of replies you received while you were working.
7. Take a nap
Almost everyone’s personal energy levels take a dip in the afternoons, so why not catch a quick cat nap? Studies show that just a 15 or 20 minute nap can help you to clear out your “working” memory and refresh your ability to think more clearly. No more than 20 minutes or you might feel groggy instead of refreshed. See perfect nap guide.
Continue to Page 3