- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Improve Your Intelligence, Detox, Fight Cancer, And More With This 1 Drink
2. Beets improve digestion due to their high fiber content. Fiber promotes a healthy digestion as well as healthy, regular bowel movements. Don’t be concerned if you find your urine is pinkish after eating beets, this is fairly normal.
3. This super anti-inflammatory agent, betalains, can help to prevent chronic disease while encouraging cardiovascular health. Betalains have been proven to support eye and nerve tissue better than other vegetable antioxidants.
4. Among some of the other health benefits of beets their active compound, betalains, provide some terrific cancer fighting benefits, especially when fighting colon cancer. Studies done in vitro have shown that betalain suppresses human cancer cells. Betalains provide a higher antioxidant levels and a more varied amount then other beta-carotene containing vegetables.
5. Beet juice is also super high in vitamin C, folates, potassium, magnesium, and manganese. These important vitamins and minerals support the immune system. These are also vital nutrients for pregnant women as well. The fiber in beets is even better than that of carrots and helps support all functions of gastrointestinal health.
6. You cannot beat beets when it comes to detox power! Beets contain enzymes that simulate the production of glutathione which connects toxins to the glutathione molecules. This neutralizes the toxins, which are then removed from the body harmlessly and naturally.
Ayurvedic medicine suggests that you check your stool as a marker as to how much of the nutrients from beets that your body is able to absorb. If you see red in your stools less than 12 hours after eating them, your digestive system is quite fast and chances are good that you are not getting all the benefits from beets that you should. If this happens, try doubling the amount of beets or beet juice that you are drinking. Try drinking 15 ounces in the morning and another 15 ounces in the evening to ensure that your body is absorbing all it can from this incredible vegetable.
Just a quick word of warning. Many beets are now GM products. Be certain that your beets are organic and 100 percent natural!