- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Increase Dopamine Levels Naturally and Beat Depression Without Pills
4. Get Your Tyrosine On!
Your brain must have tyrosine in order to make dopamine. Foods that are high in tyrosine are bananas, dairy, almonds, lima beans, pumpkin seeds, avocados, diary, meat and poultry, and sesame seeds can all give your body the tyrosine it needs so that it can make plenty of dopamine.
5. Get Regular Exercise
Regular exercise increases calcium in the blood, which also stimulates dopamine release in your brain. Just 30 minutes per day of swimming, walking, jogging, dancing, and any type of exercise will work. Exercise will also increase your endorphin levels. Belly laughs, stretching (such as yoga), playing with your kids, increases endorphins, which gives you another type of happy feeling, but not as long lasting as a dopamine high.
6. Get Your Z’s
Your body can’t make dopamine in levels that will help you if you don’t get sufficient amounts of sleep. Dopamine gives you those wide awake feelings, so if you want to be happy and alert, get a minimum of 7 hours sleep each night.
7. Increase those Antioxidants
Free radicals are constantly inside our bodies, cruising around, looking for some nice cells to attack, such as the brain cells that produce dopamine. Antioxidants kill those free radicals so those vital cells can do their jobs. Fruits and vegetables are loaded with antioxidants. Some of natural foods with the highest levels of antioxidants include broccoli, beets, carrots, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, oranges, leafy greens, peppers, berries, nuts and sunflower seeds. Eating as many raw fruits and vegetables as you can will go a long way towards allowing your brain cells to make plenty of dopamine.
Continue to Page 3