- 15 Reasons To Eat More Guavas (We Didn’t Know The Leaves Were So Healing!)
- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
- 15 Of The Most Common Nutrient Deficiencies Most Americans Have
- This One Spice Will Turn Your Bath Into A Super Detox Experience
- 12 Toxic Compounds Hiding In This One Thing You Use Every Single Day
- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
Is This One Food Additive Making You Sick and Fat?
If you ever find yourself asking why you are spending more for organic foods, so you can eat more natural foods without preservatives or additives or dyes, then this article might help give you a little insight.
There are some very unhealthy and dangerous food additives that are causing heart failure, allergic reactions, gastrointestinal problems, circulatory problems. Infertility issues, especially with women, tumor growth and even cancer.
If you know someone who is suffering from some strange symptoms that they can’t put their finger on and doctor’s tests show nothing, they might be having a reaction to a common food additive called Polysorbate 80.
Polysorbate 80 goes by several names, including:
- Tween 80
- Polyoxyethylene 80
- Sorbitan Monooleate 80
- X-Sorbitan mono 9 octadecenoate poly
- Oxy-1,2 ethanediyl
Polysorbate 80 is a gold colored, gel-like substance that is found in a great variety of foods, as well as cosmetics, personal care items, and some other surprising places such as vitamins, supplements, cancer drugs, and vaccines.
This is one reason why it is so important to read labels, even on things you think might be safe. For example, even some “natural” mouthwashes, which are popular items in most organic or health food stores, contain Polysorbate 80.
Polysorbate 80 is used as a type of emulsifier for foods; skins care products, cosmetics, etc. This helps to bind together things that normally don’t mix, such as oil and water. Although that doesn’t sound like such as bad thing, recent studies show that this ingredient is anything but harmless.
There are studies showing that this has been linked to infertility in mice, an increased risk of blood clots, heart attack, stroke, heart failure, and even the recurrence of cancer. One article in PubMed showed that Polysorbate 80 was a causative agent of pregnant women going into anaphylactic shock. Other studies show that this additive is especially harmful to those with Crohn’s disease.
You will find this ingredient in just about everything including (but not limited to):
- Ice cream
- Prescription Medications
- Skin Creams
- Shortenings and Margarine
- Vitamins and supplements
Continue to Page 2