- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Make Your Own Awesome Anti-Aging Sugar Scrub
It happens to all of us at one time or another. We look in the mirror one day and realize that we won’t be 25 forever. We begin to see wrinkles and fine lines and we wonder how can we possibly turn back the clock, or at the very least slow down the aging process.
So we head over to the beauty counter of our local store or even a drug store looking for some miracle cream or lotion. But not only do we find that the price is shocking, but we read the list of ingredients and…what the heck are all those 24 letter names anyway? Do we really want to put that stuff on our face?
Well, if you are interested in something more natural, maybe even something you can make from home, you have come to the right place. This natural scrub recipe will do all the anti-aging tasks you are looking for. It will exfoliate the skin so that new skin cells come to the surface. It has natural oils and ingredients such as sea buckthorn oil, which is loaded with restorative compounds. It will give your skin a lift and a naturally, healthy glow. It can also scrub away the bacteria and dead skin cells that clog pores and lead to acne.
You will love this sugar scrub so much that you will probably want to make some for your family and friends. If you wish, you can also add a few drops of other essential oils so that it will smell super good, such as bergamot oil. Perhaps some clove or peppermint oil at Christmas time or even just someone’s favorite scent. Gather up some pretty jars with lids and make up a dozen or so batches so when birthdays or other gift giving occasions come along, you will be ready to go with a beautiful and useful handmade gift for just about any occasion.
You should be able to find all these ingredients in your local health food store, natural herb store, or online.
Keep reading and check out our amazing anti-aging sugar scrub.
Continue to Page 2
Awesome Anti-Aging Sugar Scrub
- .6 Ounce of grapeseed oil
- .5 Ounce of argan oil
- .25 Ounce of cocoa butter
- .25 Ounce of rosehip seed oil
- .25 Ounce of sesame seed oil
- 1 Ounce of shea butter
- 1 Ounce of emulsifying wax
- 1 Milliliter of rosemary extract
- 1 Ounce of aloe vera gel (find out aloe vera benefits)
- .5 Ounce of distilled water
- 1.5 Milliliter of a paraben free preservative, such as Optiphen Plus
- 8 Ounces (1 cup) of white sugar
- Using your digital kitchen scale, weigh out all the waxes and butters.
- Heat these in a double boiler until melted.
- Add your oils.
- Stir in the rosemary extract and mix well.
- Remove from heat and let cool for just a few minutes.
- When this mixture has thickened to a gel like consistency, add your water, aloe vera, and mix well.
- Now add the preservative and mix it well.
- Measure the sugar and put it into a bowl.
- Add the melted wax mixture into the sugar and use a fork to mix everything together.
- Scoop into glass jars with tight fitting lids.