- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Make Your Own Non-Toxic Fabric Softener
If you like, you can double or triple this recipe and make a batch of fabric softener that will last for months, depending on the amount of laundry you do each week. If you do this, be sure you increase the amount of essential oils that you use. You can also alter the amount of essential oils that are used to suit your preferences. Add more for a stronger scent, less for a softer scent.
Find a suitable container, one with a tight fitting lid to keep this mixture dry. Are you ready? Let’s go!
Make Your Own Fabric Softener
- 2 Cups of Epsom salt
- 25 Drops of your favorite essential oil or a blend of oils
- ½ Cup of Baking soda
Simply mix everything together in the container you wish to use. That’s it! How simple is that? Label your mixture so that you don’t get confused later about what is in it or so that no one else wonders what is in your container. If you decide to make different scents, or make one batch unscented, then you will also be able to know which is which at a glance.
Simply add two or three tablespoons to your wash or just before your final rinse.
SEE ALSO: 25 Amazing Uses for Epsom Salt
By the way, if you live in an area that happens to get a great deal of static electricity from very dry air, and you find that your clothes sometimes get static cling, simply run a wire hanger over the area that has the static cling. It will stop that problem in an instant. Have Fun!