- 10 Super Relaxing and Cleansing Detox Bath Recipes (#5 is Luscious!)
- Top Tips On Maintaining Wellbeing Throughout The Winter
- Top Signs You Need To Do A Liver Detox (And Best Detox Foods List Included!)
- 10 Foods & 10 Ways You Can Efficiently Boost Your Metabolism
- 5 Natural Moisturizers You Can Use Instead Of Store-Bought Synthetics Video
- The Brain – How Can We Ensure Successful Aging?
- DIY Easy Warming Oil For Stiff Or Sore Joints And Muscles (Better Than Tiger Balm)
Make Your Own Scented Lotion Bars
If you are sick and tired of reading endless ingredient labels looking for products that are more natural, join the club! Many women have reached the point where they simply would rather spend the time making their own health and beauty products than spend an hour reading labels and not buying anything!
The great thing about making your own beauty products is that you no longer worry about what chemicals are being absorbed into your family’s skin, and you save money at the same time.
A lotion bar is a great alternative to creams and lotions which can become unstable at room temperatures or sometimes they can even go bad. These look like bars of soap and are sold at room temperature. All you need to do is to rub them over your skin, and you get a highly moisturizing, very thin layer of “lotion” left behind.
You can alter the type of essential oils to make the scent seasonal or more personal. These make terrific gifts and are super easy to make.
Are you ready to stop reading labels and make some luscious lotions bars?
Make Your Own Luscious Lotion Bars
- 1 Cup coconut oil (read also about 17 ways to use coconut oil for your beauty)
- 1 Cup cocoa butter, shea butter, or mango butter (or use a mixture of the three!)
- 1 Cup of beeswax (add a bit more for a thicker lotion)
- 3 Vitamin E capsules (pierce them, and squeeze out the oil)
- Essential oils (optional – scent of your choice)
SEE ALSO: MIY Spicy Pumpkin Facial Mask Recipes
- Place all ingredients (except essential oils if you are using them) in a double boiler.
- Bring the water in the double boiler to a boil and stir the ingredients constantly until they are well melted and mixed.
- Turn off the heat and stir in your essential oils.
- Pour this mixture into molds of your choice, any shape will do. You can even pour this into a simple square glass baking pan.
- Allow the bars to cool to room temperature before removing them or cutting them into shapes.
Feel free to adjust the quantities. You can make these batches larger or smaller, whatever suits you. If you decide to use essential oils, try adding about 25 drops for starters, and then add more if you want your scent stronger. You can also use a mixture of essential oils to make your own signature scent! Enjoy!