- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Are Married People Healthier?
Take it with a Grain of Salt
While tests that can document the level of a stress hormone between married people and single people can cause you to draw a logical conclusion, there are a number of things that could dispute these findings.
- An unhappy marriage could cause more health issues than being single. High blood pressure and compromised immune systems could be the result of constant stress and anxiety in a relationship.
- A group that was not represented were couples who had been living together for long periods of time but were not actually married.
- The study also could lead you to believe that maybe healthier people were more likely to get married than people who were struggling with health issues.
- Statistics that put people automatically on a health risk scale showed that more divorced people were smokers, and widowed people were more likely to have diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Married couples tend to help keep each other on track with regards to their routine health exams and tests. Many quit smoking, and they may even exercise more by taking walks together, joining a gym together, or participating in sports that they both enjoy such as bicycling, hiking, and swimming.
Whenever you are considering the results of a study, you have to keep in mind the number of people participating, their ages, and whether the participants came from one specific area or a mixed bag.
Other benefits of being married showed that married couples had twice the amount of money than single people. This is beyond the obvious fact that there is twice the number of people. Married people who are happy don’t have to face loneliness, so they are less stressed out. And then there is another study that showed while married people were happier, they also weighed more. Married men were 25 percent heavier than single men.
READ ALSO: Funny Facts About Marriage Video
Try to use these statistics as guidelines rather than facts that are written in stone. There are positives and negatives with every group. There is no reason that single people can’t take excellent care of themselves and be healthier than some married people. All we can really do is continue to be the best that we can be no matter our status.