- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Mind Boggling Reasons You Should Never, Ever Drink Colas
3. Where Do Those Ingredients Go?
One report out of Germany states that those artificial colors, flavors, etc., are never fully removed from wastewater treatment plants. Eventually, those chemicals have to go somewhere, don‘t they? Where? Probably either into the ocean, or into the ground water, which is where we get our drinking water. Nice, huh?
4. It’s Expensive
When you consider that an average person in the US drinks about 216 liters of soda every year, or 365 20 ounce bottles. If you purchased that bottle of soda from a vending machine every day, that’s about $550 each year. Doesn’t sound like much, until you consider that if you put that same amount of money into a retirement account, at the end of 30 years (assuming a modest 7 percent return compounded annually) you would have $60,000! Even if you are a penny pincher and only bought your soda at the bulk discount store for about 40 cents a can, that would still be about $26,000 in that same 30 year period.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Seriously, it’s just a glass of Coca Cola, isn’t it?
5. Higher Medical Bills
Because of the health issues soda drinkers encounter, if you only get one of the numerous health problems soda drinkers often get, your long term medical costs will go up tremendously.
6. Health Problems
Drinking that one simple cola each day can cause serious health problems including:
- The acid ruins your teeth
- Causes high blood pressure, which can lead to heart disease and stroke
- Causes weight gain
- Can lead to osteoporosis
- Can lead to diabetes
- Increases your risk of kidney stones
- Can cause liver problems
- Causes heartburn
- Causes digestive problems
Continue to Page 3