- Starch Intolerance Could Pose Serious Health Problems
- What To Eat For Stress Relief
- Longevity Vitamins: These Could Be Key To Lifetime of Health
- Why Eat Ancient Grains? Infographic
- Five Top Teas To Improve 5 Top Health Issues
- Herpes Virus Could Lead To Alzheimer's, Review Finds
- Cozy Yoga For The Winter Season Video
Could This Natural Sweetener Be A Healthy Alternative To Refined Sugar? Infographic
As the dangers of a sugar-filled diet are becoming more and more obvious, we are looking for healthier sweet alternatives. Coconut palm sugar, or simply coconut sugar, is one of the natural sweeteners gaining popularity. It is produced by extracting the nectar from the coconut palm tree flower and has warm caramel coloring along with a sweet taste.
While it contains the same amount of carbohydrates and calories as regular sugar, it’s about 70-80 percent sucrose and only a few percent glucose and fructose, which makes it a healthier option for those who want to keep their fructose intake in balance.
Click on image to enlarge