- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
- The Amazing, Edible Weed That Is Packed With Nutrition
- 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Avoid This One Type Of Food At All Costs!
- 12 Superior Herbs And Spices To Fight The Battle Of The Bulge
- 15 Reasons To Eat More Of This Delicious Tropical Fruit, And Don’t Forget The Seeds!
- The Morning Drink that will Give You a Healthy Liver
One Type Of Water Can Help Your Skin More Than Any Other
Ladies, when you think of rose water, what comes to mind? The bottle on your grandmother’s dresser? A bathtub with rose petals floating on the top?
Regardless of what image you have in your mind, rose water (and rose oil) is one of the oldest scents and one of the oldest beauty treatments around. It has been used at least since Cleopatra’s time and probably before. Rose water and rose oil were very valuable commodities in Ancient Persia and Egypt since 3,000 B.C!
Rose water is sometimes made as a by-product when rose oil is produced. However, you can make your own rose water at home. (We will tell you how a little later in this article).
Rose water has been used in some Eastern cultures to celebrate weddings and ensure a happy marriage. It has long been used as symbol of love and is often used during prayer and meditation as a means of purifying the mind.
Rose water is loaded with antioxidants, which fight the signs of aging, and it is rich in vitamins such as C, D, E, A, and B3. It also has flavonoids, tannins, antibacterial, and antiseptic compounds. To top it all off, rose water just plain smells romantic and sweet!
Although there are not a great deal of studies on rose water and its effects on health, rose water has been used for centuries to cure digestive problems, relieve eye irritation, and help to improve respiratory health.
Let’s take a look at all the ways you can use rose water.
1. Facial Toner
Most toners sold today are nothing more than alcohol and some chemicals. Forget all that! Rose water will naturally tighten up the skin, close pores, and smell good doing it! Keep your bottle of rose water in the refrigerator. After washing, saturate a cotton ball with rose water and swipe it over your face. Bye-Bye chemicals! (See #4 for a rose water face wash!)
Continue to Page 2