- Phytates & Phytic Acid: Friend Or Foe?
- Honey As A Multi-Functional Cure Infographic
- 3 Delicious Ways To Make Healthy Salsa Video
- Warm And Cozy Essential Oil Blends For Autumn Infographic
- Vitamin D Is Great For Your Skin (And Just About Everything Else)
- Sugar To Honey: The Conversion Guide Infographic
- Super-agers! How Can You Become One?
Rainbow Colored Foods that Fight Cancer
It seems as if every day we are hearing more studies confirming what we already knew; eating from a wide variety of Mother Nature’s produce will prevent certain forms of cancer. In fact, research shows that eating foods which are colorful are those which are the highest in phytochemicals, which are known for improving the immune system and are natural cancer fighters.
Take a look at the rainbow foods that fight cancer and that we should be taking advantage of, and adding to our meals, every single day.
Vegetables and spices that are orange in color, such as carrots, squash, and turmeric, have proven that their phytochemicals can treat cancer in the colon and digestive tract. Yams, how been proven to reduce the development of breast cancer cells. It has been suggested that orange colored fruits and vegetables be eaten about 3 times per week. Turmeric, according to the American Cancer Society, can stop certain types of cancer cells and thereby slow the spread of cancer as well as shrink tumors. Use turmeric in your cooking as often as possible.