- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Reasons Why You Should Learn To Love This Veggie If You Don’t Already
As far back as the 9th century B.C., celery has been used as a medicine. Today, this popular vegetable is used in salads, soups, and stir-fry dishes all over the world.
Celery is a terrific source of many vitamins including B, C, A, calcium, potassium, and many, many more for next to no calories.
What most people don’t know are the amazing health benefits that celery has. Also, if you are interested in foods that fight cancer, you can’t beat celery!
Want to know more? Celery might not be the most thrilling of vegetables, but it certainly has more than enough reasons for you to start loving it if you don’t already.
1. Celery Can Help You Lose Weight
And we don’t mean by eating just celery stalks throughout the day. Celery is super low in calories. It adds bulk to your meals but has a skinny little 10 calories. Celery is also a terrific source of fiber, which will help to make you feel full for a longer period of time. Feel free to add several stalks of celery to everything; salads, vegetable dishes, stir-fry’s, sandwiches and snacks.
2. Celery is a Natural Source of Salt
You might not know it, but celery naturally contains sodium, a type of natural, organic salt that is vital to your health. Your body must have salt in order to function.
3. Celery Can Lower Blood Pressure
Even though celery contains salt, it is not enough to raise your blood pressure. However, another substance in celery, 3-n-butylphthaline (3NB), has been found in several studies to lower blood pressure.
4. Celery Can Protect Your Vision
One large stalk of celery provides you with 10 percent of your daily requirement for vitamin A, which is very important for the protection of your eyesight from vision robbing diseases.
5. Celery is a Natural Pain Reliever
The same compound in celery that can lower your blood pressure, 3NB, is also able to relieve the pain of gout, arthritis, and fibromyalgia, according to some studies.
Continue to Page 2