- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Reasons Why You Should Learn To Love This Veggie If You Don’t Already
6. Celery Improves Digestion
Since celery is mostly water (95 percent water in fact) and packed with insoluble fiber it means that celery is your new best friend if you have digestion problems.
7. Celery Can Help You Sleep Better
Celery is rich in magnesium, which helps to calm the body by relaxing the nerves. Celery also contains essential oils that ease the nervous system in order to help you sleep better. Add more celery to your dinner or night time snack plan to improve your chances of counting fewer sheep.
8. Celery Can Improve the Immune System
Adding plenty of celery regularly to your diet can greatly reduce your risk of getting those nasty winter colds and flu viruses as well as other diseases. Celery is full of powerful antioxidants and vitamin C, both of which are known to improve your immune system.
9. Celery is a Super Anti-Inflammatory
Many diseases, such as arthritis and Alzheimer’s, get their start in inflammation. Celery reduces inflammation in the body. Become a celery lover if you want to relive the pain of arthritis, asthma, and joint pain.
10. Celery is a Terrific Detoxifier
Celery reduces water weight and removes toxins from the body since it is a mild diuretic that will remove toxins via a higher urine output.
11. Celery Regulates the Body’s Alkaline Balance
If you are looking to keep your body more alkaline, celery is what you want to consume more of. This is due to the high levels of alkaline based minerals that it contains, including potassium, iron, sodium, and magnesium.
12. Celery Can Protect Your Memory
Memory loss could be greatly reduced by adding celery to your diet. The University of Illinois conducted a study in 2010 which found that lutein, a nutrient found in celery, inhibits inflammation and improves cognitive performance.
13. Celery is a Super Anti-Cancer Food
One compound in celery, apigenen, was shown to significantly inhibit breast cancer cells in one study done at the University of Missouri. Another compound, coumarins, which are phytochemicals, has been found to fight cancer because they increase white blood cells and improve their activity. Consuming celery regularly could delay the formation of breast cancer cells significantly. Other studies have shown that celery seeds are also powerful anti-cancer foods.
READ ALSO: Can Celery Kill Cancer?
So while celery might not be the drama queen that kale or broccoli is, you can see that it has plenty to offer in the way of health benefits.
Eat more celery, friends, 10 million rabbits cannot be wrong!