The Shocking Things Inside Your Home That are Making You Sick

Photo credit: bigstock.com

Photo credit: bigstock.com

3. Asbestos

If your house was built between 1920 and 1978, it might still contain asbestos, which was a common building material and was also used as insulation purposes. Breathing in asbestos greatly increases your risk of cancer, especially lung cancer.

Although many homes have already had this substance removed, you might have some in your home and not know it. Don’t try to remove it yourself, as you could greatly increase your risk of exposure, call a licensed contractor who has the special equipment that is needed to safely remove asbestos.

PrevPage: 3 of 12Next