- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Stop Poisoning Yourself – Make Your Own Safe Scouring Powder
OK, so how do you make it? Get ready because it is so easy, you won’t believe that this is all there is to it:
DIY Scouring Powder
- 1 cup of baking soda
- ½ cup of regular, non-iodized salt
- ½ cup of washing soda (you can find this in the laundry aisle of your supermarket)
- 5 to 7 drops of lemon essential oil (optional)
Pour all ingredients into a jar or bowl and mix well.
You can make this into a shaker, just like your old scouring powder, by putting this mixture in a mason jar and poking some holes in the top of the lid. You can also save a couple of your parmesan cheese containers and use those. Parmesan cheese containers are perhaps the perfect choice as the lid allows you to shake a little, or dump quite a bit, and then close the lid to keep the mixture dry in-between uses.
Tips for Easy Use:
- For super ugly messes, wet the surface with a bit of water or white vinegar first
- Sprinkle on the powder, then allow to sit for 5 minutes
- Scrub using a soft brush
- Then rinse with water or vinegar
If this does not clean everything, repeat the process. Chances are excellent that no matter how ugly your mess is, after two swipes using the method above, your tub, shower, sink or whatever will be clean as a whistle.
We bet that after you try this homemade scouring powder, you will never even want to go back to your old scouring powder. Let us know how this powder worked for you! We would love to hear from you!