- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
- 15 Of The Most Common Nutrient Deficiencies Most Americans Have
- This One Spice Will Turn Your Bath Into A Super Detox Experience
- 12 Toxic Compounds Hiding In This One Thing You Use Every Single Day
- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
- The Amazing, Edible Weed That Is Packed With Nutrition
Surprising Health Benefits from One Delicious Nut
Pecans, the second most popular nut in America, has been eaten and enjoyed by the Native Americans for eons. It’s packed full of healthy goodness, not to mention a delectable buttery taste.
Pecan nuts come from very large deciduous trees and are related to the hickory family. This tree is native to us here in America in the central and southern parts of the country and is now grown all over the world. Usually harvested October through December the raw nuts are then dehydrated so they can be stored.
Central Texas is most likely the pecan capital of the world with more than 70 million wild pecan trees. Texans love their pecans so much that they named it their state tree back in 1919.
Besides being great tasting, did you know that pecans are also super healthy? They are a rich source of protein so it doesn’t take many of them to get all the benefits they have to offer. Check out our list of the top health benefits you can get from this wonderful little nut. As an added bonus, we have a really delicious pecan smoothie recipe for you to try at the end of the article.
1. High in Antioxidants
Pecans are high in monounsaturated fatty acids and are an excellent source of phenolic antioxidants. Adding pecans to your diet will give you plenty of ellagic acid, beta carotene, lutein, and vitamin E, all of which remove free radicals and protect the body from the signs of early aging as well as protect you from chronic diseases and infections. Find out other antioxindats rich foods.
2. Great Source of Energy
If you are looking for a healthy snack in the afternoon, you can’t beat a couple handfuls of pecans. They are loaded with healthy minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and a big dose of protein to keep you going without heading to the vending machine for candy or a sugary energy drink.
Continue to Page 2