- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Surprising Health Benefits from One Delicious Nut
3. Lowers Cholesterol
Pecans can help decrease your overall cholesterol levels, especially the “bad” LDL levels. Multiple research studies suggest that eating a Mediterranean diet, which tends to be high in monounsaturated fatty acids; can help to prevent heart disease and strokes by improving blood lipid profiles.
4. Treasure Chest of Vitamins and Minerals
Pecans have so many healthy vitamins and minerals; it’s hard to list them all in one place! Let’s start with vitamin E, all the B complex vitamins such as B6, folates, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin A, potassium, selenium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, copper, zinc, and iron! Whew! There are not too many foods in this world with that much nutrition packed into such as tiny package!
5. Disease and Cancer Protection
Due to its high levels of antioxidants, phytochemicals, and vitamins, pecans can actually give you protection from cancer. Other studies show that eating a handful of pecans regularly can protect your nervous system from motor neuron degeneration, which means you can get protection from ALS, and Lou Gehrig’s disease, even Alzheimer’s disease. Read more about early signs of Alzheimer’s disease.
Continue to Page 3