- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The 18 Surprising Health Benefits of Cayenne Pepper
Many countries, especially in South America and China, have a long history of using cayenne pepper both in foods and as medicine. This powerful compound can be used for cleansing and detoxing, such as the Master Cleanse, which uses this spice to neutralize acidity and stimulate blood circulation.
You can cayenne pepper for a wide variety of problems including tremors, gout, sore throats, hemorrhoids, nausea, heartburn, fever, even for diphtheria,
Take a look at the top 18 health benefits of cayenne pepper that just might shock you.
1. Treats cluster headaches
Capsaicin, the active ingredient in cayenne pepper, desensitizes the sensory neurons. According to the authors of a study published in Cephalalgia, found that a topical application of capsaicin could possibly treat those who suffer from cluster headaches.
2. Helps with psoriasis
A study, which was published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, conducted a double blind study that evaluated a topical application of capsaicin for the treatment of psoriasis. It showed that there was a significant improvement in itching and the other bothersome symptoms that come with psoriasis.
3. Anti-irritant compounds
The complete opposite of what you might think, but cayenne pepper can actually ease stomach ulcers, nagging coughs, diarrhea, sore throats, and upset stomachs.
4. Topical remedy for various ailments
Used as a poultice, cayenne can treat open sores, lumbago, snake bites, and rheumatism.
5. Toothache cure
Well, although it won’t make a cavity disappear, it will help stop the pain and guard against gum disease.
Cayenne pepper can help to break up and move mucus that has become congested in the lungs, bronchial tubes, sinuses, and throats. Once mucus leaves the body, many of the germs go with it and relief will soon follow.
Continue to Page 2