- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Grandmother of All Antioxidants
You’ve certainly heard about antioxidants before. They are the reason we strive to eat more organic fruits and vegetables. However, have you heard about the one that some people call the mother or the grandmother of all antioxidants? The one that is so powerful that it can prevent aging, heart disease, cancer, and much more? This one antioxidant has been studied in depth, yet most of us have never even heard about it.
Which antioxidant is this? Glutathione. (Pronounced gloota-thigh-own.) This antioxidant is a strong detoxifier as well as immune system builder, and is vital to a healthy body.
What Exactly is Glutathione?
This antioxidant is a simple molecule that is produced naturally by our bodies all the time. It’s a combination of three building blocks of protein – cysteine, glutamine, and glycine. Glutathione contains sulfur chemical groups that work hard at trapping and eliminating bad things, such as toxins and free radicals, along with heavy metals like mercury, and remove them from the body. This antioxidant is especially important in our modern world, filled with heavy metals and toxic chemicals.
Although our bodies make glutathione, the more you can get the better! The following food sources either contain this important antioxidant, or they contain the precursors to it, which will help your body produce even more.
Best Foods That Contain Glutathione
- Red Peppers
- Brussels Sprouts
Continue to Page 2