- Nourishing And Moisturizing Tropical Mango Body Butter Souffle Recipe Video
- 5 Easy Vegan Ice Cream Recipes For Summertime Video
- The Beginner’s Guide To Zero Waste Living Video
- Your First Aid Kit – Herbal Essentials Infographic
- Looking Beautiful Without Makeup? Here Is How Video
- Roasted Beet Hummus – Is It Better Than The Original? Video
- Evening Habits That Are Ruining Your Sleep Video
The MIND Diet Can Save You From Alzheimer’s Disease
Most of us have an elderly relative who’s suffered from dementia, or age-related memory loss. The most common form of dementia is Alzheimer’s disease, a progressive and incurable neurological condition in which neural fibers become tangled and clumped, impairing memory and cognitive skills. Eventually, Alzheimer’s disease is fatal, but it may take many years to claim the life of the person suffering from it. It is painful to see this happen to a loved one, but many of us simply accept it as an unavoidable part of getting older. However, new research has shown a clue that can help people avoid this fate.
It appears that one’s dietary habits over the course of a lifetime play a crucial role in determining whether or not that person develops Alzheimer’s disease. A new diet may hold the key to preventing this disease that robs people of their life’s memories in old age. The MIND diet stands for “Mediterranean-DASH Intervention for Neurodegenerative Delay.” It is a cross between the famous Mediterranean Diet and the DASH Diet, which is designed to combat high blood pressure. The MIND Diet combines the best aspects of each to create a diet specifically designed to reduce the onset of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
What Foods Are Allowed In The MIND Diet?
The MIND Diet is based around the following food items:
- Olive Oil
- Whole Grains
- Leafy Green Vegetables
- Non-leafy Vegetables
- Red Wine (And you thought diets were boring!)
As with any diet, it’s just as important to take note of what foods to reduce or avoid all together:
- Red Meat
- Pastries and Sweets
- Butter and Margarine
- Fried Food and Fast Food
Continue to Page 2