- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Simplest Ways To Get Rid Of The Common Cold Fast!
You’ve got nothing to lose here!
- Check out the best over-the-counter medications. Whether it is a simple aspirin, ibuprofen, or acetaminophen, try the one you believe will help you. Ask around, and find out what friends and family members have used when they were sick.
- Vitamin C. Many people swear that if they increase the amount of vitamin C they take at the first sign of a cold, they are able to shake it within a few days.
- Try a prescription from your doctor. If you have a good relationship with your physician, you’ve got nothing to lose by trying a prescription where you take just a few doses for a couple of days. Sometimes these medications are able to knock the cold right out of you with a minimum amount of down time.
- Vicks VapoRub. Many people remember when they were younger, Vicks VapoRub was used in a humidifier as well as a soothing salve your mom rubbed on your chest and under your nose. The ingredients that made up this popular medication included camphor, menthol, and eucalyptus oil, which serves as a cough suppressant as well as a topical analgesic. This was actually a soothing remedy, and by the time you could smell the elixir, you knew your cold was going away.
There are many homemade remedies you can find online. The main problem is that when you don’t feel well, the last thing you want to do is go to the store to find some of the ingredients you may not have on hand — never mind having to put the concoction together.
Get your rest and if you feel you have to take some kind of action, boil some water, and enjoy some hot tea with lemon and honey. Put your cell phone on mute, draw the curtains in your room, and tuck yourself into a cool, cozy bed. The sooner you give your body enough time to recover and recharge, the sooner you will be back to your regular routine.